My (rather old) washer blew through to me personally a weeks that are few (evidently it has been unbalanced for some time. Was included with the accepted spot and I also never ever thought an excessive amount of the vibration until it had been far too late.) and have always been getting a brandname set that is new on my brand brand new set (Washer HERE, petrol Dryer HERE) from Sears on Thursday.
They desired about $80 plus parts to set up them (I forget I declined having just disconnected everything myself, I figured it would be easy enough to set up the new ones if it was each or for both) and. I am maybe maybe not particularly handy but I am at about replace-my-own-ceiling-fan, remove-and-reinstall-my-own-garbage-disposal level.
I am maybe not overly concerned with the washer, but I became reviewing the manual for the dryer on the internet and it offers me only a little stressed. It discusses having to purge the gasoline type of atmosphere twice, using teflon tape (i did not see any proof of that from the old install), etc.
And so I wanted to pose the question- is this something which some body within my level are designed for myself or is there enough gotchas that i will cough the money up?
EDIT: I succeeded thanks in large part to the answer here- thank you today.
I finished up buying ‘yellow’ gas-approved teflon tape and an innovative new versatile gasoline line (to be safe. It absolutely was $30 though!). And a dryer that is new hose (also pricey) since evidently we required a steel one additionally the existing one ended up being foil.
It was about as simple as We hoped.
- We connected the (new) exhaust vent hose utilizing the pressure coupling bands ( maybe maybe not certain appropriate term) that included it on both edges- wall surface and appliance. The manual demanded to not ever make use of a foil vent, therefore I utilized a steel one. (Unfortunately, the most versatile metal one we found pushes the dryer away too much through the wall surface for my requirements- i cannot shut the doorway to my washing case now. Subject of another post i assume. I will take to a «periscope» dryer vent.)
- I connected the brand new fuel line towards the valve regarding the wall surface, making use of a layer of yellow teflon tape on the threads (even though the Residence Depot man appeared to think We’d only require it in the appliance part)
- We connected one of several couplings that are removable the gasoline line into the straight back regarding the dryer (again, used tape despite the fact that maybe not necessary)
- Fired up the fuel for the minute to purge the line
- Loosely threaded the gasoline line into this coupling, additionally making use of tape as suggested; purged once more
- Tightened by having a (newly purchased) pipeline wrench.
- Fired up the fuel and listened & smelled for gasoline at both connections — quiet and odorless 🙂
Took possibly half an hour, almost all of that time ended up being spent wrestling the stress couplings and looking to get the threads to take- was wanting to be very mild.
Dryer began right up no dilemmas and it also (therefore we!) survived two test lots.
So, went well, it was found by me relatively simple and would try it again. Thanks for assisting me personally build my skillset!
(Incorporating the photo that is requested even though it’s a little belated. Note on/around the valve so you can’t see it, but it’s there that I covered the hard-gas-line’s opening with painter’s tape and stuck it. Desired to protect it from most of the dust and lint going swimming down there.)